Photo credit: Andrea Lim
Make the South West Coast Path Challenge your school holiday project in 5 easy steps:
1) Introduce your kids to their region's spectacular 630-mile National Trail, find out why it needs protecting here.
2) Plan some exciting adventures on the Trail using the family walk finder and FREE downloadable Coast Path Explorer resources (there are spotter guides, colouring-in sheets, child-friendly maps and more to bring the Path alive). There are some great ideas for themed-walks below.
3) Set a target together – how about pledging to cover 30 miles of the Coast Path during the summer holidays and raise £60, £2 for every mile you cover? Create a fundraising page or download a sponsorship form from the Challenge Fundraising Hub so your kids can collect small donations from friends, family and neighbours.
4) Register your fundraising target on the Association website to receive a FREE South West Coast Path Challenge pack by post (including an awesome colourful wall map).
5) Get exploring and show the kids what an amazing thing they're doing to conserve this unique natural space, right on their doorstep. Don’t forget to take some photos for the kids to look back at when they are older!