Inspiring our leaders of tomorrow
We believe that we are very lucky to work the hospitality industry. It is hugely rewarding and satisfying work – and every day brings a fresh challenge! As a family, we have always taken great pride in training and developing our staff from within. This is vital to maintaining the values and high standards that the Brend Family is known for.
We want more talented young people to share our passion. We want to encourage them to join this wonderful industry, teach them important new skills, and help to create some of the leaders for tomorrow. That is why, in January 2015, we launched our very own Brend Training Academy, which was the first of its kind in the South West.
Our training academy provides paid training places to young people from our local area who are keen to pursue a career in the hospitality industry, so that they can earn an income while also acquiring valuable new skills, working within our expert team of 1,300 staff. They have the opportunity to learn their trade and also gain accredited qualifications, all under the close guidance of our managers.
There are now over 50 young people in Devon and Cornwall who are undertaking traineeships, apprenticeships or national vocational courses under the banner of the Brend Training Academy.
Alcoholic Beverage Service - Beer & Cask Ales
Earning potential as a Bar Manager: £26k
Alcoholic Beverage Service - Wine Service
Alcoholic Beverage Service - Cocktails - Mixology
Concierge & Guest Services
Conference & Events Organisation
Food & Beverage Service
Perks of being a Brend Hotels' Employee
Discounts on food & drink
• Receive 10% off your bill when dining at any establishment within the Brend Hotel group.
• Receive 10% off drinks at any establishment within the Brend Hotel group.
Discounts on health & beauty treatments
• Receive 10% off health & beauty treatments at any hotel within the Brend group offering these services.
Reduced accommodation staff rates
• Reduced rates for staff at any hotel within the Brend group.
• 15% discount on all services, MOT’s tyres and parts.
• £1000 off any new Ford or Citroen car.
• No ‘quibble’ £350 discount on any used car guaranteed.
• Car wash upgrade at the Esso garage, Barbican Road.
• Personal accident cover whilst travelling to and from work and whilst at work.
• Access to personal accident & sickness policy - optional for employees to join 24 hour cover, including outside of working hours.
• Company pension scheme.
• Career training and development funding.
• Discounts on personal insurance through Isca Barum.
• Receive a 20% discount on items purchased through Nisbets Catering online.
Future discounts may include
• Store discount
• Discounts on flights to Poland & other european destinations.
• Great Western Rail discounts.
• Discounts for staff with over 10 years service.