Brend Hotels is offering an exclusive opportunity to young people aged 16-24 to join our team as an apprentice and receive training & qualifications of the highest standard in the hospitality sector.
Our apprenticeship programmes will develop our apprentices’ skills in job-specific key areas such as customer service food and drink service and food preparation and will open up potential opportunities for progression within the Company.
Our training academy provides paid training places to young people from our local area who are keen to pursue a career in the hospitality industry, so that they can earn an income while also acquiring valuable new skills, working within our expert team of 1,300 staff. Apprentices have the opportunity to learn their trade and also gain accredited qualifications, all under the close guidance of our managers and our training provider HIT Training.
Explore our academy and apprenticeship offerings
Please note that our website is still under construction and will be updated soon, for any more information on the below, please email email@example.com
Chef Academy - level 2 & 3
Hospitality Academy - level 2 & 3
Management Academy - level 4,5 & 6
Apprentices’ Stories & Testimonials - Don't just take our word for, hear from past and present apprentices
Inspiring our leaders of tomorrow
We believe that we are very lucky to work in the hospitality industry. It is hugely rewarding and satisfying work – and every day brings a fresh challenge! As a family business, we value our employees and encourage them to stay long term. We have always taken great pride in training and developing our staff from within. Our aim is to become a beacon of industry excellence in all aspects of the hospitality industry.
In January 2019 we launched our Management Academy Programmes, which are designed to provide our team leaders and managers with the skills and attributes to undertake their roles now and in the future and give them encouragement and support through specifically designed workshops and self-directed learning.
We welcome more aspirational young people to share in our passion. We want to encourage them to be part of this wonderful industry, teach them important new skills and help to create some of the leaders for tomorrow. That is why, in January 2015, we launched the Brend Training Academy and we have trained over 330 apprentices, which represents a quarter of the workforce to date.
Benefits of being a Brend Hotels’ Apprentice
Discounts on food & drink
• Receive 10% off your bill when dining at any establishment within the Brend Hotel group.
• Receive 10% off drinks at any establishment within the Brend Hotel group.
Discounts on health & beauty treatments
• Receive 10% off health & beauty treatments at any hotel within the Brend group offering these services.
Reduced accommodation staff rates
• Reduced rates for staff at any hotel within the Brend group.
• 15% discount on all services, MOTs tyres and parts.
• £1000 off any new Ford or Citroen car.
• No ‘quibble’ £350 discount on any used car guaranteed.
• Car wash upgrade at the Esso garage, Barbican Road.
• Personal accident cover whilst travelling to and from work and whilst at work.
• Access to personal accident & sickness policy - optional for employees to join 24-hour cover, including outside of working hours.
• Company pension scheme.
• Career training and development funding.
• Discounts on personal insurance through Isca Barum.
• Receive a 20% discount on items purchased through Nisbets Catering online.
Future discounts may include
• Store discount.
• Great Western Rail discounts.
• Discounts for staff with over 10 years service.