Hospitality Apprenticeships in Devon & Cornwall
Do you have a passion for people? Then why not become an apprentice of our Hospitality Academy?
Let us open the door to an exciting new career as a hospitality team member. This could lead to working in bars, restaurants, cafés, conference venues or hotels.
Apprentices will be based in one of our hotels or restaurants in Devon or Cornwall. You will build on your knowledge, skills and confidence through this professional qualification whilst you are supported by our in-house industry experts and HIT trainers. Once apprentices have completed the programme, we aim to offer you a permanent position at one of our hotels or restaurants.
The apprenticeship is very varied, giving you the skills and understanding to enable you to work with colleagues and our customers. During the Apprenticeship you will also have the opportunity to specialise in a specific area of the business.
Specialist areas in hospitality include:
- Conference and banqueting
- Concierge and guest services
- Food preparation
- Barista training
- Serving alcoholic beverages
- Food and beverage service
You will build on the basics and reinforce the importance of exceptional customer service skills. Training will also be delivered through a series of targeted training:
- Introduction to Barista Skills - We will teach you to ensure that you really know your teas and coffees. You’ll gain an understanding of great coffee and how to present them beautifully. Your product knowledge will be supercharged and you’ll learn how to use the kit.
- Spirits, Cocktails and the Art of Mixology - With mixology training you will prepare perfect cocktails. Learn how to blend, mix and serve cocktails. Enhance your customer satisfaction and service skills.
- Beer and Cellar Quality - Boost your knowledge of beer basics, learn how to dispense the ‘perfect pint’. Understand cellar management and cleanliness, glassware guidelines and gain technical tips.
- Understanding and Serving Wine - You will focus on the wide variety of wine styles, wine tasting and pairing. You will be given wine service training, learn about the science of storing wines and the responsibilities associated with wine.
- Customer Service Excellence -Delve into the importance of customer service. You learn to understand the need for effective communication, presenting a positive professional image, handling queries and complaints. We will teach you to exceed customer expectations.
Why join the Brend Training Academy as a hospitality team member apprentice?
- Be part of an industry that gives excellent customer service.
- Earn while you learn
- Become a service professional enjoy a career interacting with people and helping customers, gain a qualification to a national standard
What you will do as a hospitality team member apprentice:
- Develop fantastic ‘hospitality’ skills across a variety of standards
- Choose a Hospitality specialism (e.g Barista, Wine Service, Reception, Housekeeping
- Work with Heads of department and Managers who will support and mentor you.
- Gain industry recognised qualifications to a national standard.
- GCSE grade 4 and above is desirable in English and Maths
- Aged 16+
- A desire to work within the hospitality industry
- Must not be taking part in full-time education
- A UK resident or have the right to work in the UK
When can I start?
The Brend Training Academy takes applications all year round and will endeavour to find a position for you ASAP. Also, please see our current apprenticeship vacancies ready for immediate start.
How do I apply?
Visit our Careers page for a specific vacancy and search for apprenticeships by region. Alternatively, visit our online recruitment system to add your speculative application. If you have any questions about the Chef Academy or any apprenticeship programmes, please email Stella at [email protected].